The famous Russian crime drama is a prime example of how one wrong act on the road can lead to serious problems. The rules clearly state that drivers must show mutual respect. Apparently, this was forgotten by Dimon, nicknamed "Scorched", played by Andrey Merzlikin.
The film about the dashing 90s is filled with tense scenes, in the center of which were cars. Let's see what cars the bandits from the movie drove.
In the first part, in an attempt to escape from a brutal reprisal, four friends steal BMW... From the dialogue at the gas station, the viewer becomes clear what data that car possessed. It was the 750 version of the 7-series. A 12-liter V-5,4 engine is installed under the hood. Ideal car for evading pursuit.
The extended body version of the E38 allowed the manufacturer to create a spacious interior, which adds comfort on a long trip. A car with a capacity of 326 horsepower accelerates to "hundreds" in 6,6 seconds, and the maximum speed is 250 km / h.
Thanks to the film, the car has become even more popular among young people. However, "boomer" (as the film characters called him) was not the only original car in the picture.
Here are some other cars that appeared on the screen:
- Mercedes The E-Class (W210) is the four-door sedan that started out with four friends. Cars were produced in the period from 1995 to 1999. Gasoline and diesel engines with power from 95 to 354 hp were installed under the hood. and a volume of 2,0 - 5,4 liters.
- Mercedes SL (R129) - a rare two-door roadster with a removable roof was equipped with a powerful gasoline engine with a volume of 2,8-7,3 liters and a capacity of 204 to 525 horsepower. It was released from April 1998 to June 2001.
- The BMW 5-Series (E39) is another sedan popular with the characters in the movie. It was released between 1995 and 2000. Under the hood, 2,0-4,4-liter engines were installed with a capacity of 136 to 286 horsepower.
- Lada 21099 - well, what about the 90s and without the youth "ninety-ninth". This is a budget version of the "gangster" car of the era.
- Mercedes E220 (W124) - The four-door sedan was popular in the established circles of the 90s. Although in comparison with the listed cars, it did not have outstanding technical characteristics (acceleration to a hundred - 11,7 seconds, volume - 2,2 liters, power - 150 hp), in terms of comfort it is not inferior to them.
In addition to cars, the heroes of the film also drove German and Japanese SUVs and minibuses:
- Lexus RX300 (1st generation) - a jeep of "serious" guys whom "Scorched" tried to teach a lesson;
- The Mercedes G-Class is a generation of SUVs produced between 1993 and 2000. Until now, the ownership of such a car is considered a sign of wealth (for example, frequent choice "Golden" youth);
- Toyota Land Cruiser - a full-fledged SUV with an engine of 2,8 (91 hp) and 4,5 (215 hp) liters was equipped with both a mechanical 5-mortar and a four-speed automatic;
- Volkswagen Caravelle (T4) - a reliable minivan with a capacity of up to 8 people is not designed for fast driving, but it is great for a comfortable trip of a small company;
- Mitsubishi Pajero is a reliable Japanese SUV from 1991-1997. release was equipped with engines with a capacity of 99, 125, 150 and 208 horsepower. Their volume was 2,5-3,5 liters;
- Nissan Patrol 1988 - The first generation of all-wheel drive Japanese SUVs was produced from 1984 to 1989. Under the hood, two atmospheric engine modifications were installed with 2,8 and 3,2 liters and one turbocharged (3,2 liters). Their power was 121, 95 and 110 hp.
The film also featured original sports car models that were never associated with the gangster world:
- Nissan 300ZX (2nd generation) is a rare car that was produced between 1989-2000. The turbocharged 3,0 engine produced 283 hp, making it possible for the sports car to reach the 100-kilometer mark in just 5,9 seconds.
- Mitsubishi 3000GT - Japanese sports car was equipped with all-wheel drive and a 3,0-liter V-shaped 6-cylinder engine with a capacity of 280 horsepower.
The second part of the drama was not titled Boomer 2, but Boomer. The second film ”. As the director of the film explained, this is not a continuation of the first part. It has its own plot. Another representative of the Bavarian car industry appears in the film - BMW X5 in the back of E53.
These SUVs of the early 2000s were produced with four engine modifications. The diesel version with a volume of 3,0 liters and a power of 184 horsepower was combined with a manual or automatic transmission for 5 speeds.
The other three options were gasoline. Their volume was 3,0 (231 hp), 4,4 (286 hp) and 4,6 (347 hp) liters. Model X5 in the back, which was seen by the audience of "Boomer" (E53), was produced for only three years.
Dasha, the heroine of the picture, drove a Japanese car - Nissan Skyline in the 33rd body. The two-door coupe was produced from August 1993 to December 1995.
The car combines excellent driving performance with the comfort of a business class car. Under the hood of this model, 2,0 and 2,5-liter gasoline engines were installed. Power units could develop capacities of 130, 190, 200, 245 and 250 horsepower.
Not every car from this film became famous, and the fate of "Skyline" is very sad. Its owner simply decided to disassemble the car for parts.
Many films have a happy ending, but the heroes' lives ended as sadly as in the case of the "boomer" from the first part.