- What are the advantages and disadvantages of electric lawn mowers?
- What to look for before buying an electric lawn mower?
- 1. Electric mower NAK LE18-40-PB-S, 1800 W
- 2. Electric mower NAK LE12-32-PB-S, 1200 W
- 3. Electric mower KS 1842A LEADER, 1800 W
- 4. Electric lawn mower HANDY XK, 40 cm, 1600 W
- 5. Electric mower STIGA Collector 35 E, 1000 W
A neatly trimmed lawn of a beautiful, rich color is the pride of every garden owner. It is undeniable that this pride, however, requires a lot of work - saturating the soil with oxygen and fertilizer, protecting the grass from burning out in the heat, watering - and, of course, regular pruning. For this purpose, it is worth using electric mowers. What are they characterized by? How to choose an electric mower? We advise!
What are the advantages and disadvantages of electric lawn mowers?
Various types of mowers are available on the market: gasoline and electric (including battery). Their names refer to the type of engine drive - internal combustion requires refueling, electrical access to electricity, and battery charging. Already at this stage, the first advantage of choosing an electric model becomes obvious: it reduces exhaust emissions, which is a more environmentally friendly solution - and does not involve inhaling them.
Moreover, electric models are lighter than internal combustion models - due to the absence of additional load in the form of refueling fuel. Their engine is also much quieter than an internal combustion engine. The last advantage is the low price - you can buy good electric mowers for less than PLN 400!
However, this is not a completely flawless solution. Among the most frequently mentioned, of course, is less mobility than in the case of combustion devices. The range of the electric mower is limited by the cord, which requires a constant connection to an electrical outlet. However, it is enough to arm yourself with a good long garden extension. What's more, you can also choose the battery type i.e. cordless battery powered.
What to look for before buying an electric lawn mower?
First of all, you should consider whether a wired or wireless model would be more suitable. The latter solution does not require laying a cable behind you and attention to it during operation, and network models do not carry the risk of forgetting to recharge the battery and discharge the equipment during operation. However, in both cases, the operating range may be limited - when connected to the network due to the length of the cable, and when connected to the battery - due to the capacity of the battery. It is worth considering these advantages and disadvantages and deciding which electric mower will work best in a particular garden. What else should you pay attention to before buying?
- Engine power - the larger the area of the lawn, the density and height of the lawn, the higher the power should be (expressed in watts). This range is quite large - there are models on the market from 400W to even more than 2000W. A good, efficient device will be in the range of 1000 to 1800 watts.
- Rotational speed - the more engine revolutions per minute, the more efficiently the knives will work, thanks to which they will cut the lawn more efficiently and aesthetically - without tearing or tearing it out. It is worth paying attention to models where this value is about 3000 rpm.
- Noise generated - the lower it is, the quieter the mower will work. For electric usually about 90 dB; on average from 92 to 96.
- The weight - you can find both models weighing almost 20 kg, and much lighter, 11 kg. Of course, less weight means easier progress (especially over rough terrain) and easier handling.
- Cutting height range - there are models with three- and even seven-step adjustment of this value. What does it refer to? To the height of the lawn after mowing. So, having the possibility of multi-level adjustment, for example, from 2,5 cm to 8,5 cm, you can set the cutting height to 6 cm - thanks to this, the mower will mow the grass to this level.
- Width of cut - it is worth adjusting it first of all to the size of the lawn. It can be less than 30 cm or more than 50 cm. This value indicates the width of the space that will be cut at the same time. You can also translate it to the width of the cut strip of grass.
- Grass bag capacity - expressed in liters. The larger it is, the less often it needs to be emptied. However, keep in mind that very large baskets (eg 50 liters) will add several kilograms to the mower when full.
- Battery capacity for wireless models - the higher it is, the longer you can expect work from a single charge. It can be expressed in Ah or simply in m2 of sloping area.
- Maximum working area - that is, the space that can be mowed. This value should be considered as an approximation, as it depends on the distance of the outlet from the target mowing location. However, really good models will allow you to mow even a lawn with an area of 500 m2.
- Handle height can be adjusted - it is important, first of all, from the point of view of ease of control of the mower. If you are an exceptionally tall person, definitely shorter than your friends, or you want your teenage child to help you garden, you should choose a mower with a multi-stage handle adjustment.
- folding - devices that allow you to completely fold the handle, much easier and more convenient to store.
- Hopper full indicator - an additional function thanks to which the mower "informs" when it is time to empty the grass catcher.
- A type of herbivore - can be made of rigid plastic or foldable material. The latter type is suitable for small warehouses.
Paying attention to the above characteristics, you will be able to choose a really good and efficient electric mower. We especially recommend the following models:
1. Electric mower NAK LE18-40-PB-S, 1800 W
The NAC company offers a device with an electric motor with a power of 1800 W, powered by a network of 230V-240V, 50Hz. The speed of rotation of the electric mower NAK LE18-40-PB-S reaches 3000 rpm. Its working width is 40 cm. Thus, it is sufficient to mow a small and medium garden, and also facilitates access to hard-to-reach places, such as narrow paths next to flower beds. The manufacturer equipped it with a 5-step central cutting height adjustment. The mower has a basket of 40 liters and a durable plastic housing.
2. Electric mower NAK LE12-32-PB-S, 1200 W
Another recommended electric mower that costs just over PLN 260 is the 12W NAC LE32-1200-PB-S. It is powered by 230 V and 50 Hz. The speed of rotation achieved by it is higher than that of the previously described model, and is 3300 rpm. However, the working width of the device is much smaller - only 32 cm, which is especially useful in a small area of \u3b\u30bthe garden or when mowing the lawn next to the sidewalk. Equipped with a XNUMX-stage central cutting height adjustment, a XNUMXL mesh basket, like the previous model of the NAC electric mower, it has a durable plastic body.
3. Electric mower KS 1842A LEADER, 1800 W
Model with a maximum working area of up to 500 m2, 1800 W motor, 42 cm cutting width and 50 liter grass collector. There is also a 7-step cutting height adjustment, which makes it easy to mow the lawn at the selected level - from 25 to 85 mm. The device is also equipped with a basket full indicator. The adjustable handle is covered with soft foam, so you don't have to worry about blisters during operation.
4. Electric lawn mower HANDY XK, 40 cm, 1600 W
You have to pay less than PLN 660 for a functional garden tool with a modern engine and high power (1600 W) - the HANDY XK electric mower. It is a trouble free machine with a low noise level. Moreover, its body is made of high quality steel, resistant to damage and corrosion. It has a convenient central 5-step cutting height adjustment, ergonomic handles that make it easier to control the mower, and central wheel adjustment. It works with manual feed and its cutting width is 40 cm. It mows grass at a height of 2,5 to 7,5 cm. It has a 40 liter grass collector with a full indicator.
5. Electric mower STIGA Collector 35 E, 1000 W
For PLN 400 you can buy an electric mower brand STIGA Collector 35 E. Its advantage is that it is equipped with a modern trouble-free asynchronous motor that does not create too much noise during operation. Its body is made of high quality plastic. This mower features 3-stage cutting height adjustment, ergonomic handles to make it easier for users to maneuver the machine, and separately adjustable wheels. Similar to the model described above, this one works on manual feed. This is a 1000 watt machine with a cutting deck and a working width of only 33 cm. It can mow grass at a height of 25 to 65 mm. The basket of the device has a capacity of 30 liters. The manufacturer of this device gives a 3-year warranty on it.
So there are really many good electric mowers on the market. Be sure to browse through several models to choose the one that best suits your needs!